Established Family Law Attorney in Easton, PA Capably Manages a Range of Issues
Personalized service and attention to detail yield positive results
When a family matter requires a legal solution, you need a proven attorney whom you can trust. For more than 35 years, Richard J. Shiroff has provided reliable advice and determined representation for a broad range of family law issues. In that time, I’ve built a strong reputation for professionalism, ethics and attention to detail. I am a sole practitioner, so you work directly with me, not a paralegal or a young associate. I understand how important family matters are to you, and I am determined to help you move through your current crisis toward a more secure future.
Dedicated family lawyer understands your concerns
The very idea of going to court for a family issue can be unsettling, if not overwhelming. One of my goals in working closely with you is to reassure you and help put the matters in the proper perspective so you can start to breathe a little easier. I am prepared to assist with all areas of family law, including:
- Adoption — I assist with all legal aspects of domestic adoptions so you can concentrate on your new family.
- Alimony — Divorce should not lead to a financial crisis. I help supporting and recipient spouses obtain fair court orders for spousal support, pendente lite and alimony.
- Child custody and visitation — I work to protect your parental rights with child custody arrangements that promote the best interests of your children. I also represent parties in grandparents’ visitation cases.
- Child support — The law insists that both parents provide material support for their children and has guidelines in place to determine basic amounts. Whether you pay or receive child support, I help to ensure that your support order is fair by insisting on full disclosure of finances and bringing to the court’s attention all pertinent facts that should influence the final outcome.
- Child support modification and enforcement — Child support payments do not change unless the court modifies the child support order. If either the custodial or the noncustodial parent experiences a significant change in circumstances, I can guide you through the proper legal procedures to modify your child support payments accordingly. I also assist with enforcement cases arising from unpaid support.
- Divorce — Through negotiation or litigation, I help you obtain the most equitable results from your divorce, including fair distribution of assets, division of the marital home, child support payments and child custody rights.
- Pre- and postnuptial agreements — Because partners in a marriage must expect the unexpected, I draft premarital agreements that protect your interests. A well-executed marital agreement can alleviate some of the stress if you ever decide to divorce.
Whatever the issues, you can feel confident that I have the knowledge, skill and experience to work toward a favorable resolution.
Contact a dedicated Easton family law attorney whom you can trust
Richard J. Shiroff provides preeminent legal services for a full range of family law issues. Call me at 610-253-1023 or contact me online to schedule an appointment. My office is located at 724 Lehigh Street, just a short walk from the Northampton County Courthouse.